Friday, February 17, 2006

Passport insanity day

I never thought government offices could be so stressful. Today I got up at 6am in the morning thinking i was still dreaming witht the pounding of the alarmclock in my head and yuki my cat biting at my ankles.

Nevertheless i made my way to that building in front of el malecon por la independencia and started making the line to renew my passport. Yari came with me (like always) to help out...being the nice girl she is, at some point she even had to run back for a photocopy i did not have with me, aoooooowww. Government offices are ridiculously disorganised.

This is what i wanted to point out in my blog today actually. Hopefully some government stooge or politician with a brain will listen to my request....i ought to post this in the paper, but id have to pay to have the cut in the classifyed ads and who would give a shit anyways.

My picture was first crooked, then i had to drive 10 miles to get it re-taken...then it had red-eye. Had to do this all over again three times. Good news it that i got all my stuff together and my trip to NY is no longer on jeopardy....hurray!

Brit Awards

The brit awards took place and bands such as The Magic Numbers, Kaiser Chiefs, Bloc Party, Maximo Park, Oasis, Coldplay and Arctic Monkeys amongst others were nominated and won awards for their achievements. Big fan of the event even if they didnt televise anywhere although they should have. One event that will be televised soon will be the NME Shockwave Tour...with the bands mentioned above and a couple more, this will be on the 1st of March and will be aired completely on Mtv2.\

Here are a couple of pictures from the tour:











*The Slide theme today is "Spam @ El Rincon" a show we played up closer to the crowd. We really enjoyed the gig.

I went over Fernando Flaquer's place today (Numas drummmer and friend) to grab a beer and a chat and we ended up having quite a good time...with an acoustic guitar a harmonica and a capo we killed most of the afternoon putting up a small playlist to preform in front of old people and whoever the hell is there whenever we play...nothing big, no promotion whatsoever. Small pubs and nice cozy places are targets so far. There will be a special guest singer too. Someone knows how to sing!!! :P...I said you had it in you once didnt i??? well anyways you know who you are...for the rest of you it will remain a surprise.

Visit www.myspace.com/spamart, i posted a little video. Enough no one is reading this far.

Listening to:

Rocky Votolato -
Secrets of a Salesman
The Smashing Pumpkins - Cherub Rock
My Bloody Valentine -
To Here Knows When


1 Comments:

Blogger L'aerodynamique said...

bunch of pretty boys.

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home